Monday, March 30, 2009

Hollow Earth v2?

Alright.....

I posted the video sample and details of that Hollow Earth pedal I built a couple weeks ago on about 5 forums. It went slightly viral on a few others thanks to a few users. Anyways, interest in it has been a little overwhelming! So much so that I've convinced myself that I should build a batch of revisions of this to spread around.

Things I'd like to add/change:
-Eight to ten presets, all overwritable with your own shapes
(with LED digit display)
-Expression-in for the shaping
-Expression-out to "shape" other effects
-Rugged footswitch for record instead of the flimsy button
-Random mode
-Triggered envelope mode
-Sample input as waveshape
(the last one is a biiiig maybe)

After a 10-day break from this stuff to play jams/gigs, I started tinkering again. I got random mode mostly working, and I've started the preset saving bit. 8 pin DIP 24LC eeproms are a wonder!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go !! I SOOOOOO want one !! :P Saw them at the Devi forums and i instantly fell in love with them ! :) Great job man ;)

Faxed said...

I came across the video for this by accident and am very happy I did! I would love to know if/when the Waveshape LFO would be available.

Anonymous said...

can you post a schemathics?
Tnx

cloudscapes said...

unfortunatelly schematics won't do you much good as most of the work is done by the microprocessor, in code. do you have access to an AVR programmer and Bascom?

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately no, but I find this interesting kind of stomp and I could buy a programmer for the chip if necessary.

Anonymous said...

ah cloudscape I'm francesco from noisecollective.net (I wrote you a mail last week ... arrived?)

Anonymous said...

what kind of avr using this effect?

cloudscapes said...

I'm using the ATMEga88.

Anonymous said...

can you release the code?

cloudscapes said...

source code can be found in this other thread from the blog
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=3684765422590821364&postID=1574569669604670118

Anonymous said...

hello, then i took the Bascom and now I'm looking for a programmer on ebay but I'm not sure what to take. You have an email address where I can write?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

CV out?